Fun garden activities for the summer holidayswebhouse
Here are some fun and engaging activities you can do with your children in the garden over the summer holidays:
• Outdoor Picnic: Pack a delicious picnic and set up a cosy spot in the garden to enjoy some quality family time while surrounded by nature. And if the weather is not very good – you can always set up a picnic table inside a Summerhouse or Play House.
• Water Balloon Fight: If the sun does come out then beat the heat with a playful water balloon fight. It’s a fantastic way to cool down and have a blast together.
• Gardening: Involve the kids in gardening activities like planting flowers, vegetables, or herbs. It’s educational and fosters a love for nature. Plant some seeds in the Potting Shed, or a small wild flower garden to help the precious bees.
• Nature Scavenger Hunt: Create a scavenger hunt list with items to find in the garden, such as a specific type of leaf, an insect, or a colourful flower. Plus hide a few treats for them to find along the way.
• DIY Bird Feeders: Build simple bird feeders using recycled materials and place them around the garden to attract and observe birds. Then make a list of all the birds that come to visit.
• Outdoor Art Session: Encourage creativity by setting up an art station in the garden. Provide paints, brushes, and paper for some outdoor painting fun. You can even use some garden leaves and twigs and stick them onto a canvas.
• Bug Hunt and Identification: Explore the world of insects by going on a bug hunt. Capture and identify various bugs, and learn about their habitats. Then make a bug hotel to help them through the winter months.
• Bubble Fun: Bring out the bubble wands and create a magical bubble wonderland that will delight kids of all ages.
• Backyard Camping: Set up a tent and have a mini camping adventure in the garden. Roast marshmallows, tell stories, and stargaze.
• Obstacle Course: Design an obstacle course using garden items like hula hoops, cones, and jump ropes. Have a friendly competition to see who completes it the fastest. Ten bonus points for beating those competitive mums and dads.
These activities will keep your children entertained, active, and connected with nature during the summer holidays while creating lasting memories with family and friends.